Ethereum News and Links
- “Eth Sharding: Overview and Finality” from Hsiao-Wei Wang
Stuff for developers
- Confidential Transactions on Ropsten
- ETHGasStation Express: A simple gas price oracle for anyone running a full Ethereum node
- Reversing EVM bytecode with radare2
- Video intro of FOAM’s PureScript library
- “solidity emacs mode can now integrate with the solium linter”
- eth-cli: get address of where contract will be deployed given deploying address and nonce, start REPLs, etc
- CryptoZombies Lesson 2: learn Solidity by feeding on CryptoKitties
- Manticore v0.1.6 – analyze your solidity code
- Mahesh Murthy: Understanding the life cycle of an Ethereum transaction
- Easy management of your ENS names
- GITF: Gift ether with a time lock and message
- Visualization: EthViewer and ObservETH
- Toasted Ether, part 2: what has and hasn’t worked in Burnable Payments
- Transcript of Brendan Eich AMA
- New Aragon frontend
- Edgeless gets an online gambling license but it’s from Curacao which has very lax standards
- Cold Chain Monitoring with Streamr and Ruuvi
- Cofound.it’s 2017 in review
- 0x: Front-running, Griefing and the Perils of Virtual Settlement, part 1
Interviews, Videos and Talks
- Jordan Clifford from Scalar Capital on my ‘An Ethereum Podcast’
- ETHNews interviews Jordi Baylina about Catalunya and decentralized governance
- Joe Lubin on Yahoo Finance (skip to 18:05)
- Tyler Mulvihill interview on Viant, the Consensys supply chain project
- Goldman to setup OTC crypto trading desk
- EthWallpaper from Gitcoin
- CBC on Merry Merkle’s fundraising.
- Reuters: has Barry Silbert’s incessant pumping crossed the line?
- This week, Mike Novogratz put his hedge fund on hold
- The only time I’ve ever made a price suggestion in the newsletter (“Time to buy? Ether price looks quite low”) was in the issue exactly one year ago. That was almost the exact bottom of the last 18 months. Not too shabby.
Dates of note
From Token Sale Calendar.
Upcoming token sale start dates:
- January 7 – Rocketpool (proportional refund cap, so final day is the main day)
- January 16 – Kudos Project
- February 1 – Winding Tree
- February 7 – Dether
- February 13 – Right Mesh
Ongoing token sales:
WARNING: list may include or even likely includes scams and quasi-scams. Do your own research and due diligence before putting value at risk. Read disclaimer below.
[I aim for a relatively comprehensive list of Ethereum sales, but make no warranty as to even whether they are legit; as such, I thus likewise warrant nothing about whether any will produce a satisfactory return. I have passed the CFA exams, but this is not investment advice.]
This newsletter likely would have died but for ConsenSys
I’m thankful that ConsenSys has given me time to slog through the news and bring you the important parts.
Editorial control is 100% me. Blame me first and last.
Help me get to 5000 subscribers in 2017?
I need just 30 subscribers per day for the rest of the year to make it to 5000. That’d be brilliant.
Follow me on Twitter? @evan_van_ness