Ethereum News and Links
- Alex Miller: Relay Networks v2
- Mainnet and Rinkeby bridge from Péter Szilágyi
- Truebit Light’s Incentive System by Christian Reitwießner
- Alexey Akhunov’s experiments in client optimization
- Privacy on Ethereum is too expensive, arguing for secp256k1 over BN-256
- Early draft of v3 of Swarm’s Orange paper
Stuff for developers
- Beginner’s guide to creating, proving, and verifying zkSNARKs. Use ZoKrates.
- SolCrypto – Solidity and Python implementations of cryptographic primitives
- A dialect of Scheme for the EVM called Pyramid
- Finite State Machine based approach to secure Ethereum code
- Jameson Lopp: challenges of building Ethereum infrastructure
- Infura makes WS Providers public
- Revert with reason is coming
- Parity 1.8.6 – much faster warp sync. Parity already changed to more restrictive defaults in light of a Talos vulnerability report
- PSA: Steven Nerayoff is not a “Co-Creator of Ethereum.” He’s a lawyer who did some work on the token sale. There’s a long list of people who can credibly claim to be founders or “co-creators,” but most of those co-founders have never even heard of him.
- Gavin Wood licenses the Yellow Paper under Creative Commons
- “Ethereum Blue” falsely claims MyEtherWallet was hacked, yet is linking to phishing sites.
- Variabl: A Euro perspective on financial regulations on blockchains
- Jeremy Millar: 6 Questions to Ask When Considering Blockchain Solutions for Enterprise
- Pangea – fractional real estate ConsenSys project comes out of stealth
- MedCredits – physician registry
- SmartLaw – real estate in a trust controlled by your ETH address. Reddit thread.
- KyberNetwork live on Ropsten testnet
- Iconomi hits $200m assets under management in 3 months
- 0x December dev recap
- Vitalik on DAICOs – metered withdrawals of the proceeds from selling tokens, possibly denominated in DAI.
- The Securities Board of the state of Texas filed an emergency cease and desist against the BitConnect scam.
- Ryan Selkis on what tokens he thinks have long-term value.
Token Sale Projects
- KodakCoin – the once great company saw its stock more than triple when it announced KodakCoin. Worse, it appears Kodak is just licensing its brand name to an “ICO consulting company.” Lots o’ buzzwords.
- Seems like Venezuela’s Petro token is going to be on Ethereum. If you buy this, not only are you going to get scammed, but you’re supporting a kleptocrat dictatorship that murders and tortures its people.
- No link here, but Telegram wants to raise north of a billion USD for 44% of its tokens. Yes you read that right.
Interviews, Videos and Talks
- Vitalik Buterin podcast interview by Laura Shin
- Ethereal SF video interviews with Grid+, Bancor, WEF, uPort
- Q&A with Andrew Keys
- Rhys Lindmark talks to Lendroid and to CoinFund’s Jake Brukhman
- Taylor from MyEtherWallet on the Bitcoin Podcast
- Brendan Eich on the Lunduke show
- Zaki Manian talks blockchain and IoT on the IoT Inc podcast
- Eli Dourado: The case for Ethereum maximalism. More like case for ETH as long-term winner.
- Ethereum at $1000 – price increases are the hook to bring people into decentralization
- Mark Zuckerberg says his goal for 2018 is to think about decentralization.
- Coinbase is growing too dang fast. Dan Romero on scaling when server capacity goes up 7700% in a year.
Dates of Note
From Token Sale Calendar.
Upcoming token sale start dates:
Ongoing token sales:
WARNING: list may include or even likely includes scams and quasi-scams. Do your own research and due diligence before putting value at risk.
[I aim for a relatively comprehensive list of Ethereum sales, but make no warranty as to even whether they are legit; as such, I thus likewise warrant nothing about whether any will produce a satisfactory return. I have passed the CFA exams, but this is not investment advice.]
If you appreciate this newsletter, thank ConsenSys.
I’m thankful that ConsenSys has brought me on as an employee and given me time to do this newsletter.
Editorial control is 100% me. If you’re unhappy with editorial decisions, blame me first and last.
Follow me on Twitter? @evan_van_ness