Ethereum News and Links
- First open source working implementation of generalized state channels from Spankchain. Jez San in the comments on FunFair’s work on the same.
- Plasma Implementers Call #3
- Core dev call last Friday. Notes from the call.
- Latest Casper standup
- Griff’s scaling now talks: 1) David Knott from OmiseGo about Plasma. 2) Loredana Cirstea about microRaiden
- VB: Merge blocks and synchronous cross-shard state execution
- More VB: The whole notion of forkful vs fork-free protocols is meaningless
- Alex Miller: Bridges, Plasma and UTXO tokens
- There’s now a second FFG testnet implementation in Harmony that should make it possible to connect now.
- Beige paper: a readable rewrite of the yellow paper
Stuff for developers
- Truffle debuts portable Solidity debugger
- the gas profiler from the 0x team that won at EthDenver
- How-To: web3 + 0x.js + 0xConnect in react-native
- ERC897: DelegrateProxy
- ERC900: Simple staking interface
- GasBack – the pattern of getting refunded gas for freeing up space in the EVM
- Eth-Watch: push notifications every time an address sends/receives a transaction
- Using Azure Functions to Call an Ethereum Smart Contract
- deploy libsnark to Ethereum
- MetaMask releases its new UI
- EEA adds 83 new members.
- Taylor Monahan: The future of Ethereum doesn’t have wallets
- Canaries to protect against quantum computing
- What happens when a bonded token owns an NFT? Re-fungible tokens
- Data analysis on trace data from QuickBlocks
- What you missed at EthDenver. Also: Nick Neuman on their winning project KeySplit. Plus Cthylla geocaching app
- The 47 ConsenSys projects
- Melon is live on the mainnet with 500 MLN up as bug bounty
- Truebit’s Doge-Ethereum art project
- Status v0.9.14 release notes
- Raiden v0.3
- GnosisX – $100k in awards per category to build on Gnosis
- The AirSwap partner network to trade 24 tokens on March 15
Interviews, Podcasts, Videos, Talks
- Jarrad Hope talks Status with the Bitcoin Podcast
- Tons of speakers at the Bangkok meetup
- Joe Lubin CNBC hit
- I talk to Kenny Rowe about RChain and his transition from Maker
- Meher Roy gets interviewed instead of doing the interview
- Business Insider Q&A with Coinbase’s Dan Romero
- Rune Christensen talks Maker with Kevin Rose
- Registration is now open for Etherisc’s DIP token sale
- Want to help improve NY’s Bitlicense?
- On MV=PQ circularity in cryptoasset valuation
- The quantity theory of money for tokens
- Ryan Selkis is exploring a token for Messari
- TrueBit: A token based roadmap
- NYT: “Subpoenas Signal S.E.C. Crackdown on Initial Coin Offerings.” (First reported by WSJ, but already behind paywall.) “one of the broader regulatory sweeps [Nick Morgan] had seen”
- Circle buys Poloniex. Nathaniel Popper has a slide from a Circle presentation explaining that they believe they have SEC signoff to become a broker without any threat of enforcement for pre-merger actions.
- Roger Ver predicts the Flippening in 2018
- I find it odd that Stratfor is now publishing “Where Digital Assets Meet the Real World”
- Economist: Switzerland embraces digital currencies and crypto-entrepreneurs
Dates of note
If you appreciate this newsletter, thank ConsenSys
I’m thankful that ConsenSys has brought me on as an employee and given me time to do this newsletter.
Editorial control is 100% me. If you’re unhappy with editorial decisions, blame me first and last.
The stuff often at the bottom
Follow me on Twitter? @evan_van_ness