Ethereum News and Links
- Jon Choi published a bunch of frameworks for Casper parameterization. Plus Vitalik on possibly adding sinks. See also Vitalik discussion on Reddit.
- v0.1 code for Vlad’s correct by construction Casper
- Cosmos compares Casper and their own Tendermint
- Plasma implementation by BankEx
- Alex Miller’s proposal for standard multisig API for second layer application
- Core dev call last Friday. Hudson’s recap.
- ING claims they reduce zero knowledge gas costs by a factor of 10: github. press release.
Stuff for developers
- Mythril automated vulnerability scanning of Solidity code
- Truffle and Next.js box
- How Infura solves Ethereum’s other scaling challenge
- Zeppelin on designing the architecture for your dapp
- web3.py now supports ENS
- Typescript, tool to help avoid runtime errors
- Blockparty on push vs pull
- dappscratch – CLI for building dapps
- Upgradable Solidity Contract Design achitecture from Rocketpool
- A plain explanation of Maker’s Dai stablecoin
- de la Rouviere: Curved Token Bonding in Curation Markets
- The best white elephant gift: Ether.Cards Christmas logo is out and 100% of profits to Worldbuilders charity
- Alex Batlin’s FlexiTime token
- ENSListing is giving out free yournamehere.thisisme.eth subdomains
- ΞXTΞND – a Chrome extension for buying Reddit gold or tipping with Eth
- Niavura issued a bond denominated in Eth that settles on public chain. Regulated in UK
- YouTubers can now earn BAT
- Digix code freeze to happen by Dec 8 for auditing to begin
- Dharma Protocol in a nutshell
- Etherisc’s legal structure. Also: going to conferences? Flight delay insurance from Etherisc is live
- Melonport integrates uPort to KYC investors to Melon funds
- Gitcoin’s project theses. Gitcoin has also joined ConsenSys and has a bunch of bounties open
- Dether talks about the motivations behind their app
Project Announcements and Whitepapers
- Choon – music streaming on Ethereum from DJ Gareth Emery.
- Project Entropy – floating hackspaces eventually governed by a DAO
- Tip – Q&A on Ethereum. blog post
- Ink – reputation system from Listia
- Velcron – multi-party state channels
- EthMailer – messages stored in IPFS and hashes broadcasted as events, live on Ropsten. somewhat similar to MelonMail
- Juncture – choose-your-own-adventure using IPFS and Ethereum
- GhostKat – p2p media using webtorrent (Swarm in future) and Ethereum
- ToastyCoin – the continuation of burnable payments
Interviews, Videos and Talks
- Status Devcon3 video interviews: Jordi Baylina, Greg Colvin, Christian Reitwiessner, Aron Fischer
- Video Q&A with Nick Johnson in Stockholm
- Fireside chat with Kai Chang from Digix
- ConsenSys roadshow in Singapore
- Aron Fischer podcast interview about Colony
- More D1conf videos on decentralized insurance
- Matthew Di Ferrante video talk on using ring signatures to preserve KYC privacy
- Rhys Lindmark podcast with Luis Cuende and Taylor from MyEtherWallet
- Conrad Barski, MD video on using Ethereum in medicine to manage data
- Cardozo Law’s Aaron Wright argues Cooley’s SAFT paper was overly broad legally
- Hollywood product plans security token for movie finance on BankEx
- Seasteading is planning some kind of token as well
- Vitalik says down with volume bonuses.
Token Sale Projects
- Cofound.it Playoffs: Seed stage crowdsale details
- The FitVitalik joke/art project
- Air New Zealand is buying tokens in Winding Tree’s token sale next year
- Virtue Poker adds Phil Ivey. Huge for them and for our space.
- Coinbase Custody for institutions. 10m minimum, 10 basis points a month, 100k setup fee. Brian Armstrong talks about it on CNBC
- Bloomberg tells us that Ether derivatives are coming
- Bitfinex and Tether shadiness gets Nathaniel Popper’s attention at the New York Times.
- ConsenSys held a launch party for its London office and now has 450 members worldwide
- Richard Branson has bought Ether
- History and context of cryptoeconomics
- Dominic Williams tweetstorm on conensus and Dfinity
- “Ethereum is now processing more transactions a day” than all of BTC, BCH, ZCash, Dash, Litecoin, Monero, ETC, Doge put together
Dates of note
From Token Sale Calendar.
Upcoming token sale start dates:
- November 25 – Rocketpool
- November 25 – Relest
- November 26 – CanYa
- November 27 – Jibrel Network
- November 30 – Cofound.it Seed: Legacy, ENTX, Aversafe, Mediasifter, Datafund, Unico
- November 30 – Nous Platform
- November 30 – Bloom
- December 4 – Aurora DAO from IDEX
- December 7 – Debitum
- December 10 – Gazecoin
Ongoing token sales:
- Neufund ICBM
- Sense Token
WARNING: list may include or even likely includes scams and quasi-scams. Do your own research and due diligence before putting value at risk. Read disclaimer below.
[I aim for a relatively comprehensive list of Ethereum sales, but make no warranty as to even whether they are legit; as such, I thus likewise warrant nothing about whether any will produce a satisfactory return. I have passed the CFA exams, but this is not investment advice. If you’re interested in what I do, you can find my somewhat out-of-date investing thesis and token sale appreciation strategies in previous newsletters.]
If you appreciate this newsletter, thank ConsenSys
I’m thankful that ConsenSys has brought me on as an employee and given me time to do this newsletter.
My charge from Joe Lubin is pretty similar to what Status has told me: keep telling the truth and covering the space as objectively as I can.
Editorial control is 100% me. Blame me first and last.
No way you made it down this far? Thanks for reading.
I’d love it if you shared this newsletter.
Follow me on Twitter? @evan_van_ness