Ethereum News and Links
- Sharding research: 1) Delayed state execution, finality and cross-chain operations, 2) Private lookbehind for logs, and 3) Separating proposing and confirmation of collations
- Jon Choi’s slides on Casper economic models
- Latest Casper standup call
- Grid+ Relay Networks code v0.1
Stuff for developers
- How to Make Bonding Curves for Continuous Token Models. Github.
- Predicting Random Numbers in Ethereum code
- Parity v1.9.2 bug fixes, restoring token balances and more Ropsten bootnodes
- Truebit Lite is live on Rinkeby running verification for the DOGE-ETH bridge. Video demo. Github.
- Conrad Barski is using Solidity code to incent new music from his favorite band
- Yoichi Hirai won’t help move forward any EIPs that affect particular accounts; his reaction to EIP 867
- Decentralized Derivatives launches with week long BTC/USD contract on main mainnet
- Announcing Aragon Labs for governance R&D
- How Giveth’s RewardDAO gives points to reward community members.
- Rocketpool update
- Aragon monthly update
- Airswap Token Trader is live
- Colony is now open source
- Maker DAI CDP user stories
- Brave went from 1.2m to 1.4m MAUs in a few days
- FOAM: Spatial Index visual blockchain explorer
- FirstBlood expands from DOTA to PUBG
- Build CDOs without middlemen using Dharma Protocol
Interviews, Podcasts, Videos, Talks
- Loredana Cirstea presentation on microRaiden
- Yan Michalevsky meetup talk on formal verification
- Christian Reitwiessner on STARKs
- Video of web3 meetup on decentralized exchange featuring RadarRelay, AirSwap, Gnosis, Kyber, Melonport, web3, OmiseGO. And writeup.
- Igor & Roman of POA Network talk bridge networks with Giveth
- Gnosis Q&A with Martin Köppelmann
- Cofound.it’s Blockchain Startup Seed Fund to invest in equity of blockchain startups and then airdrop any subsequent utility tokens to their token holders
- A Guide to Dether’s Reputation System
- Why has the token sale market slowed down? My answers.
- Crypto gets the Forbes treatment. The Richest People in Crypto
- NYTimes on the crypto rich in Puerto Rico
- The state of decentralized exchanges, Feb 2018
- European Commission picks ConsenSys to help launch the EU Blockchain Observatory
- Full video of SEC/CFTC testimony at committee hearing. Prepared testimony from SEC Chairman Clayton and CFTC Chairman Giancarlo, though Clayton deviated quite a bit.
Dates of note
From Token Sale Calendar:
Ongoing token sales:
WARNING: list may include or even likely includes scams and quasi-scams. Do your own research and due diligence before putting value at risk.
[I aim for a relatively comprehensive list of Ethereum sales, but make no warranty as to even whether they are legit; as such, I thus likewise warrant nothing about whether any will produce a satisfactory return. I have passed the CFA exams, but this is not investment advice.]
If you appreciate this newsletter, thank ConsenSys
I’m thankful that ConsenSys has brought me on as an employee and given me time to do this newsletter.
Editorial control is 100% me. If you’re unhappy with editorial decisions, blame me first and last.
Follow me on Twitter? @evan_van_ness