Ethereum News and Links
- Hot off the press: phase 0 spec freeze. Now full speed ahead on implementation
- Eth2 implementers call. Ben Edgington’s tweetstorm notes.
- Prysmatic Eth2 client update
- Thread on the latest in Eth2 fee market (phase 2).
- the Eth2 phase2 wiki
- Latest Plasma implementers call
- Raiden light client SDK implementation on testnet
- Alpha release of Matic’s chain
- Ying Tong’s succinct proofs for scaling Ethereum slide deck
Stuff for developers
- Storage array bugs in Solidity that got fixed in v0.5.10
- Remix IDE v0.8.2: new Etherscan verification, Mythx plugins
- Embark v4.1 beta4
- Truffle v5.0.25
- ZeppelinOS v2.4.0
- Some practical advice for new Solidity devs
- Getting return values from a Solidity transaction
- Delegate contract calls with OpenLaw
- Efficient transactions using “temporary, flexible contracts at a fixed home address”
- A deep dive into the EVM
- A chronology of Ethereum. There are still some errors, but it’s a good start.
- Ethereum is back over a million transactions in a day
- User guide: stuck transaction? This is how you fix it
- An overview of Swarm architecture
- How to choose an enterprise blockchain platform
- Bofrost Italia tracing frozen foods in supply chain on Ethereum mainnet
Governance and Standards
- ERC2135: Consumable interface
- ERC2157: dType Storage Extension for EVM
- Era of legally compliant DAOs with OpenLaw
- Which DAO is for you? Aragon, Colony, DAOstack and Moloch comparison
Live on mainnet
- Colony’s Glider release on mainnet. If you’re unfamiliar with Colony, it’s “a general purpose framework to create, operate, and monetize Digital Companies”
- RNDR genesis mainnet release
- Liquidity’s atomic Eth, BTC and DAI cross-chain swap live on mainnet
- MPX (Market Protocol) live on mainnet. Trade BTC on margin with Dai.
- Pool Together, a “no loss lottery.” You enter the pool to win a lottery for the returns from Compound.
- Multi-collateral Dai milestones roadmap to launch. It’s getting close.
- Synthetix’s response to a massive oracle failure and a bot took advantage, though the owner has agreed to reverse.
- Bloom says it has hit 500k IDs
- Golem becomes two entities: Golem Foundation and Golem Factory. Julian’s Foundation intro post.
- Compound crosses 50m USD in supply and Uniswap crosses 20m
- Dharma now offers instant interest to lenders
- Decentraland closed beta for web-based client
Interviews, Podcasts, Videos, Talks
- Graphene’s Chia-Che Tsai and Golem’s Lukasz Glen talk SGX on Zero Knowledge
- Eth Organizers monthly call
- Luis and Jorge chat on the new Aragon One podcast
- Latest TCR community call
- Coinmetrics’ Jacob Franek and Antoine Le Calvez on Into the Ether
Tokens / Business / Regulation
- Panvala’s whitepaper to use tokens for a “decentralized Ethereum Foundation”
- Interesting interoperability in games framework from Hoard
- Coinmetrics analyzes Kik’s claims of widespread use and is unimpressed
- Centrifuge’s Tinlake, to tokenize real world assets so they can act as collateral in any DeFi liquidity pool
- Set now has a min volatility Eth set. Set and leverage with bZx expands the horizons of DeFi
- Klatyn, a permissioned chain with striking similarities to Facebook’s Libra, went live with ~25 large Asian companies
- Opera launches native Eth wallet and browser on Iphone
- Nathaniel Popper reports what I suspected: Facebook has only gotten letters of intent from would-be Libra Association members. No money has changed hands
Dates of Note
Upcoming dates of note (new in bold):
- July 3-5 – WindingTree’s HackTravel (Lisbon)
- July 7 – Devcon speaker submission deadline
- July 10 – end of Gitcoin’s Beyond Blockchain virtual hackathon
- July 19 – BuildETH (San Francisco)
- July 19-21 – State of Scale (Los Angeles)
- July 19-21 – ConsenSys Grants hackathon (Brooklyn)
- July 22-23 – Buidl 2019 (Seoul)
- Aug 2-4 – ETHIndia (Bangalore)
- Aug 2-4 – TruffleCon (Redmond)
- Aug 21-23 – Dappcon (Berlin)
- Aug 23-25 – ETHBerlin
- Sep 3 – Deadline to apply for EU Horizon Prize. 1m € each to 5 “Blockchains for Social Good” projects
- Sep 6-8 – EthBoston
- Sep 15 – Augur v1 cutoff
- Sep 15 – Ethereal Tel Aviv
- Sep 15-16- StarkWare sessions (Tel Aviv)
- Oct 8-11 – DeVcon (Osaka)
If you appreciate this newsletter, thank ConsenSys
This newsletter is made possible by ConsenSys.
I own 100% Week In Ethereum. Editorial control has always been me.
If you’re unhappy with editorial decisions or anything that I have written in this issue, feel free to tweet at me.
If you still link to weekinethereum.com, please link to the new URL: weekinethereumnews.com
Archive on the web if you’re linking to it: https://weekinethereumnews.com/week-in-ethereum-news-june-30-2019/
Follow me on Twitter, because most of what is linked here gets tweeted first: @evan_van_ness
If you’re wondering “why didn’t my post make it into Week in Ethereum?”
Did you get forwarded this newsletter? Sign up to receive the weekly email