Eth News and Links
- Reminder: update your nodes for Muir Glacier upgrade
- A proposal to make eth1 the first shard of eth2, post-phase1 and pre-phase2. Would require 1) stateless clients and 2) increase in gas prices for opcodes that call contracts
- Trinity v0.1alpha34, ready for Muir Glacier
Stuff for developers
- Solidity and Vyper feature reference guide
- Tutorial on using Open Zeppelin’s Solidity Hot Loader
- Enigma’s first networked testnet, with Eth mixer contracts on Eth testnet
- Gas Station Network support in Nethereum
- Build a distributed appstore with React and 3Box SDK and Plugins
- Tornado.cash mixer added cDAI, cUSDC, USDC, and USDT, plus ETH100 and USDT100k now available
- John Wolpert, Haseeb Qureshi and I talked about about 2019 in retrospective and the year ahead in Ethereum
- Ben Edgington: building in the open is Ethereum’s superpower
- Zippie gets 20,000 users in Kenya in under a week for their cell phone minutes platform
- rDai is now rDai and rSai
- KeeperDAO: a liquidity pool for frontrunning
- Pepo: crypto TikTok using a Gnosis Safe. Apparently this launched at Devcon, I missed it until now. Here’s my referral link, or without.
Tokens / Business / Regulation
- Post-drama, the vote failed to add a time-delay (governance security module) to MakerDAO
- Gabe Shapiro’s regulatory philosophy for tokenized networks
- Google had an anti-crypto Christmas week. First it banned copious crypto YouTubers, before mostly unbanning. Then it banned MetaMask from the appstore.
- Eric Wall says proof of stake is less wasteful
- Vitalik: what is necessary in a minimum layer1 chain
- Cheon’s attack and its effect on the security of trusted setups
Dates of Note
Upcoming dates of note (new in bold):
- Jan 1 – Augur v1 cutoff
- Jan 1-30 – EthIndia online hackathon
- Jan ~2 – Muir Glacier upgrade to delay difficulty increase
- Jan 6-20 – Gitcoin take back the web online hackathon
- Jan 6-21 – Gitcoin grants quadratic matching
- Jan 31 – deadline for EU ledger 200k euro grants for blockchain startups
- Feb 14-16 – ETHDenver
- Mar 3-5 – EthCC (Paris)
- Mar 29-Apr4 – EthLagos
- Apr 3-7 – Edcon (Vienna)
If you appreciate this newsletter, thank ConsenSys
This newsletter is made possible by ConsenSys.
I own 100% Week In Ethereum News. Editorial control has always been me.
If you’re wondering “why didn’t my post make it into Week in Ethereum News,” then here’s a hint: don’t email me. Do put it on Reddit.
It’s amazing to me how many people email me when every issue has a link at the bottom saying not to email me to get in the newsletter.
If you’re unhappy with editorial decisions or anything that I have written in this issue, feel free to tweet at me.
I want your links, because Google needs help: weekinethereumnews.com
Archive on the web if you’re linking to it: https://weekinethereumnews.com/week-in-ethereum-news-december-28-2019/
Follow me on Twitter, because most of what is linked here gets tweeted first: @evan_van_ness
Did you get forwarded this newsletter? Sign up to receive the weekly email