Ethereum News and Links
- Eth2 spec v0.7 – phase 1 now executable
- Lighthouse eth2 client update. spec update, REST API into spec, fuzzing, BLS sigs optimization, discv5 networking discovery
- Parity’s Shasper eth2 client updates to 0.7
- Latest Eth2 implementer call. Notes.
- Eth2 deposit Merkle tree
- Runtime Verification: Formal verification of Eth2 deposit contract
- Bégassat, et al, arxiv: Practical Multi-Signature Aggregation for Large Byzantine Committees
- Vitalik: Universal fee market execution environment to rule them all
- Parity v2.5.2-beta or v2.4.7-stable
- Swarm v0.4.1. See also Swarm on Wasm
Stuff for developers
- ethers.js v5 beta
- Gas golf the eth2 deposit contract in the next week
- Managing Eth events with Drizzle
- Truffle v5.0.22 – some debugger improvements
- Metamask auditing their dependencies
- Portis white paper on its e2e private key encryption
- How does Bloom (identity) Share Kit work?
- A tutorial in getting data off your own node
- Add Rimble UI to web3React
- Vyper GUI v0.3
- Hook BigQuery up to Ethereum using Chainlink. Interesting use case for submarine sends over an hour.
- Request Network API to create and read invoices
- Dex.ag API to embed best dex price in a widget on your site
- Handling revert exceptions in Solidity
- Shadowlands: create CLI dapps without the web
- Buguet: eth debugger
- Poke: cobra CLI tool for Eth dev
- Grid: desktop (Electron) app as a base for ecosystem clients and tools
- 3Box theads, a chat system for dapps using IPFS and OrbitDB
- Devcon speaker applications are open, with ticket sales to begin in mid-July
- How the Grid+ SafeCard is a viable cold storage option
- FindEth, a tool to find lost Ether
- Deploy Gnosis Safe from a Burner Wallet. Obviously from Austin Griffith.
- MetaTransactions to scale Ethereum: yes, Gas Stations Network is awesome.
- Timeline for 3-6 character ENS domains. Tentatively: reserve in July, auction in Sept
- EtherCattle and Rivet: making Eth node infrastructure easier to manage
Governance and Standards
- r/ethtrader appears to have turned against “donuts” (Reddit’s community points) as a coinvote governance mechanism. One of several threads.
- iExec on how upgradeable contracts is governance.
- dOrg launches limited liability DAO under Vermont regulatory regime.
Live on mainnet
- Opyn live on mainnet. Noncustodial margin trading platform on top of Compound, Uniswap, & DAI.
- bZx margin trading launches with 750k in liquidity.
- Austria’s Post Office is selling stamps with associated ERC721 collectibles
- Maker/CDP data viz from Alethio
- Instadapp and CDP Saver built similar bridges between Maker and Compound. Transact easily between the two to generate cDai or repay CDP
- Stats and graphs on defi lending in May
- A market map from Electric Capital
- TruSet and Imbrex partnering for state by state collection of residential real estate contracts
- Sablier: if time is money, why isn’t it continuous?
- Standard Bounties v2
- A thought experiment to understand prediction markets
- FOAM does proof of location over radio
- Tokenized and tradable income share agreements with OpenLaw
- Ubisoft considering putting game accessories onchain
Interviews, Podcasts, Videos, Talks
- Ameen Soleimani on Into the Ether
- AllInfra’s Dave Sandor and Bill Kentrup on BKP Podcast
- Quickblocks’ Jay Rush on Daxia
- Nick Johnson on Blockhash
Tokens / Business / Regulation
- Iceland regulators approve Monerium on mainnet to provide European fiat payment services.
- Bittrex delisting 42 assets for Americans
- Wrapped Cryptokitties: make your erc721 into erc20
- DAI/USDC on dydx. You read that right: you can restore the peg or play Soros.
- de la Rouviere: Maximizing blockchain collectible cconomies
- An intro to zero knowledge in the context of the history of cryptography
- Enigma releases their Discovery developer testnet
- BBC covers Bounties Network’s trash cleanup in Manila
- Zilliqa enables smart contracts and thus becomes the first sharded chain with contracts.
Dates of Note
Upcoming dates of note (new in bold):
- June 22-24 – Zcon1 (Split, Croatia)
- June 24- July 10 – Gitcoin’s Beyond Blockchain virtual hackathon
- June 25-27 – EthPlanet hackathon (Beijing)
- July 3-5 – WindingTree’s HackTravel (Lisbon)
- July 19 – BuildETH (San Francisco)
- July 19-21 – State of Scale (Los Angeles)
- July 22-23 – Buidl 2019 (Seoul)
- Aug 2-4 – ETHIndia (Bangalore)
- Aug 2-4 – TruffleCon (Redmond)
- Aug 21-23 – Dappcon (Berlin)
- Aug 23-25 – ETHBerlin
- Sep 3 – Deadline to apply for EU Horizon Prize. 1m € each to 5 “Blockchains for Social Good” projects
- Sep 6-8 – EthBoston
- Sep 15 – Augur v1 cutoff
- Sep 15 – Ethereal Tel Aviv
- Sep 15-16 – StarkWare sessions (Tel Aviv)
- Oct 8-11 – DeVcon (Osaka)
If you appreciate this newsletter, thank ConsenSys
This newsletter is made possible by ConsenSys.
I 100% own Week In Ethereum. Editorial control has always been by me.
If you’re unhappy with editorial decisions or anything that I have written in this issue, feel free to tweet at me.
Link to this URL: weekinethereumnews.com
Archive on the web if you’re linking to it: https://weekinethereumnews.com/june-15-2019-week-in-ethereum-news/
Follow me on Twitter, because most of what is linked here gets tweeted first: @evan_van_ness
If you’re wondering “why didn’t my post make it into Week in Ethereum?”
Did you get forwarded this newsletter? Sign up to receive the weekly email