News and Links
- Loom Network releases Plasma Cash code for NFTs. Github
- Latest Plasma implementation call
- Latest Casper standup call
- VB: Quadratic costs and collective payouts as anti-centralization gadget
- VB: Attestation committee based full PoS chains, v2
- Latest core dev call (short because of core dev conf). Lane’s notes
- Vitalik and Justin 90 min sharding update at ECDC
- All the videos from Binary District state channel workshop
- Reitwiessner and Koch: predictable incentive mechanism for TrueBit
- Latest Ewasm decision call
Stuff for developers
- Securify.ch – automated security scanning tool. blog post. academic paper.
- EthereumJS monthly recap
- py.test Ethereum plugin
- API endpoint for getting the raw verified source codes from Etherscan
- Implementation of the SHA256 precompile in Rust
- abuse ECRECOVER to do ECMUL in secp256k1
- ewasm “WRC20” token contract coding challenge
- part 2 of Dharma’s quick tutorial on creating a loan
- Oraclize releases Truffle box, remix plugin
- A long list of Ethereum dev tools. Fun fact: this was originally my idea. It’s not comprehensive enough yet (so please submit!), and there’s room for people to create curated/annotated/opinionated forks of this list.
- An updated list of token standards
- Solidity Gas Golfing contest results. Greg Hysen’s winning code.
- Mist and Ethereum Wallet v0.11. Also, Marc Garreau on the future of Mist.
- Dappnode – decentralized server network infrastructure to host dapps
- How long it currently takes to fully sync with Geth and Parity
- A UX audit of 5 dapps: Peepeth, Cryptokitties, OpenSea, Bancor, AirSwap
- 74 new Enterprise Ethereum Alliance members including Ebay, Foxconn, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Perkins Coie.
- Requirements for private Eth sidechains from Pegasys’ Peter Robinson
- First wave of Devcon4 ticket sales at 8am PDT on July 9th.
- Why are gas fees so high right now? Because an exchange encouraged spamming the network for listings. So scam tokens are spamming hard. New ATH on daily transaction fees. by a lot.
- Proposal and discussion of improved fee markets
Live on mainnet
- SONM is live on mainnet
- Aventus ticketing is also live on mainnet
- Liquidity Network is live on mainnet and you can try it here. Jeff Coleman tweetstorm says it is a version of Plasma Cash and thinks he sees a possible operator attack. Hopefully they verify their code imminently.
Governance and Standards
- EIP1186: eth_getProof
- EIP1187: Gas cost reduction for ECADD, ECMUL and ECPAIRING. similar to eip1108
- ERC1190: non fungible royalty token
- Lots of discussion on ERC1155 gaming NFTs
- Kelsen – governance dapp with some demos live on Rinkeby
- Phil Daian: On-Chain Vote Buying and the Rise of Dark DAOs, followed up a day later by Vote Buying, On-Chain Governance, and Quadratic Plutocracy. The future of onchain coinvoting looks bleak.
- 0x v2 live on Kovan
- MetaMask’s first monthly update
- Maecenas has had a string of good press around tokenizing an Andy Warhol piece, eg this NYT report, though if you want actual auction details check EthNews
- Colony hackathon winners
- Nexus Mutual stress testing the claims process with Incentivai
- Loom Network exceeded its 250k usd goal on Kickstarter
- OmiseGO close to eWallet 1.0 release
- Flyingcarpet history and update
- Golem v0.16.1 release
- Engima testnet v1.0 release
- MEW’s Kosala joins Blockchains LLC
- Maker raises the Dai ceiling to 100m
- You can now use Tor in private tabs with Brave browser. Hurray!
Interviews, Podcasts, Videos, Talks
- Georgios Konstantopoulos talks Loom Network’s Plasma on Smartest Contract
- Jack du Rose and Aron Fischer talk Colony on Zero Knowledge
- Henri Pikhala talks Streamr on crypto101
- Balance’s Richard Burton on Inchained
- Chris Dixon with Laura Shin
- Fred Wang’s print interview with Vitalik.
- Many ZCon interviews from Zero Knowledge
- What’s going on with Livepeer’s ongoing token merkle mining and staking
- Luke Duncan: community aggregation theory
- Working towards Delphi dispute resolution from Mike Goldin
- Mike Maples: from the tragedy of the commons to the wealth of the commons
- Karl Floersch has 6 more lectures out on cryptoeconomics.study
- Coinbase Custody is now signing up funds
- Opolis offering crypto-friendly employment & benefits services (PEO) for US employees
- How to make a t to shielded z transfer in Zcash
Dates of Note
Upcoming dates of note:
- July 6-7 – TechCrunch blockchain and Ethereum events (Zug)
- July 9 – Augur scheduled to launch
- July 9 – Devcon4 tickets go on sale
- July 12 – Sharding and Casper workshop with Karl Floersch and Justin Drake (New Delhi)
- July 12-18 – IC3 Eth Bootcamp (Ithaca, NY)
- July 14-15 – Ethereum Magicians governance talks in Berlin
- July 19-20 – DappCon (Berlin)
- July 24-26 – NIFTY hackathon and NFT conference (Hong Kong)
- August 10-12 – EthIndia hackathon (Bangalore)
- August 10-12 – ENS workshop and hackathon (London)
- August 22 – Maker DAO ‘Foundation Proposal’ vote
- August 24-26 – Loom hackathon (Oslo, Norway)
- September 6 – Security unconference (Berlin)
- September 7-9 – EthBerlin hackathon
- September 7-9 – WyoHackathon (Wyoming)
- Oct 5-7 – TruffleCon in Portland
- Oct 5-7 – EthSanFrancisco hackathon
- Oct 22-24 – Web3Summit (Berlin)
- Oct 30 – Nov 2 – Devcon4 (Prague)
- Dec 7-9 – dGov distributed governance conf (Athens)
- December – EthSingapore hackathon
If you appreciate this newsletter, thank ConsenSys
This newsletter is made possible by ConsenSys, which is perpetually hiring if you’re interested.
Editorial control is 100% me. If you’re unhappy with editorial decisions, feel free to tweet at me.
Most of what I link to I tweet first: @evan_van_ness