News and Links
- Tuesday the 28th sees the launch of the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance
- NYTimes. Reuters
- Monax (Eris) is joining Hyperledger, so there will be an EVM option on IBM’s Hyperledger as well
- Tyler Smith: Why the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance will prove private chains are an ally
- The Uber of hedge funds? Numer.ai issues a token to align incentives. As someone who spent the last few years messing around with neural nets and reading academic papers, I’ve seen the project evolve and I love that it is combining my two main interests. Awesome experiment. [Did you overfit your model? And then the derivative: did you overfit your confidence?]
- Gnosis publishes new state of the art multi-sig contract. Also: over 13% of all Ether are controlled by just two single keys. [Risk factor!]
- Epicenter talks to Vitalik
Stuff for Dapp developers
- What is a uPort identity?
- Remix can now import files via swarm
- EthPM (package management) is getting a Foundation
- How to create a Token Factory on Ethereum using Embark
- 0x: An Open Protocol For Decentralized Exchange
- Crazy interesting, but made my brain hurt: formally proving correctness on a fundamental piece of Vitalik’s Casper
- Vitalik’s Intro to Cryptoeconomics talk
- Jeff Wilcke’s Dev diary
- How you can help deploy ENS
- Status.im’s plan for Ethereum mass adoption still makes the most sense.
- A few new videos from the Foundation
- Consensys stablecoin project VariabL alpha registration is open
- Remember how the testnet was getting mined by GPUs? Now that testnet Ether is being used to spam the test net
- Ether.camp talks about how HackerGold can be improved. Indeed.
- Comparing and contrasting Digital Asset Management Platforms
- Coinbase’s Linda Xie: A beginner’s guide to Ethereum
- Akasha, v0.5: Seeking Whispers
- Golem: How we’re making progress on Brass release
- Codetract.io has its gold backed token live in beta on public chain
- Metagold Dev update
- Plutus – Progress & Next Steps
- Mysterium VPN – Feb Update
- Slock.it’s charging station with access control on Ethereum is going live in Germany in a few months.
- Edgeless casino FAQ
- Mougayar with the obvious historical truth: Just like venture funded companies, 80% of projects with token sales will fail
- “Business and the blockchain” conference I’m helping organize at Rice University on April 24.
- Remember: private chains aren’t the enemy; they are the gateway drug.
- HackerNews discussion of decentralized storage projects
- If you prefer to watch instead of read: Hudson Jameson on the Ethereum roadmap.
- I continue to enjoy Taylor Gerring’s blockchain vlogs and his sense of humor
- Ethereum now live on eToro.
- Brock Pierce’s Blockchain Capital will raise some of their third fund in a token sale
- Attempted exhaustive roundup of Ether projects: The Etherian: Edition 3
- Michael Wuehler: Fortune 500 Ethereum investment probably equal to Ethereum market cap
- Sensationalist headline: R3 Admits Defeat, Stops Blockchain Development
- If you haven’t changed your passwords yet because of Cloudbleed, it’s rarely a bad idea to update passwords.
- Fred Ehrsam and Philip Rosedale talk VR and blockchains
Dates of note
- Feb 27 – Intellisys private equity “Mainstreet fund” sale begins (closed to US/EU citizens, KYC done by exchange for initial purchase and for dividends)
- Feb 28 – Enterprise Ethereum Alliance launch
- Feb 28 – Edgeless token sale starts (no US)
- Mar 1 – WeTrust token sale begins (1st day bonus, weekly price changes)
- Mar 1 – Qtum sale begins
- Mar 12 – Intellisys price change
- Mar 14 – Ethereum Name Service (ENS) released on public chain
- Mar 24 – Matchpool token sale begins
- Mar 26 – SuperDAO token sale begins
- “Feb/Mar” – iEx.ec token sale begins
- “Feb/Mar” – Gnosis token sale likely to begin
- “March” – Cosmos token sale begins
- April 6 – Humaniq token sale begins
- April 24 – Rice Blockchain for Business conference
- Q2 – Omise GO token sale
[I aim for a relatively comprehensive list of Ethereum sales, but make no warranty as to even whether they are legit; as such, I thus likewise warrant nothing about whether any will produce a satisfactory return. I have passed the CFA exams, but this is not investment advice. If you’re interested in what I do, you can find my Ethereum investing thesis and token sale appreciation strategies in previous Ethereum news letters.]
Let me know how if dates have changed and I missed them: email@example.com
The weekly “please share” beg
If you found this useful, please share it. Muito obrigado, senhoras e senhores.
THE BIG ASK: When you share it, please link to weekinethereumnews.com.
Just in case you want to send Ether (or tokens?): 0x96d4F0E75ae86e4c46cD8e9D4AE2F2309bD6Ec45