Ethereum News and Links
- Li Xuanji presentation of generalized state channels at EthDenver
- Video from Jon Choi’s Casper cryptoeconomics talk
- web3 Foundation: investigating short-term scalability solutions through PoA bridgechains. Also about Witnet’s sidechains and bridge.
- Latest Casper standup
- Matt Condon: scaling solutions and tradeoffs
Stuff for developers
- Drizzle: reactive Ethereum data for front-ends from Truffle
- Remix desktop app
- Espresso – Solidity test framework
- What Colony has learned about securing local storage. tl;dr it’s early days
- Storage Allocation Exploits in Solidity
- Analysis of Mythril and Oyente
- Two different analyses: 1) Dissecting the honeypot from last week and 2) exposing Ethereum honeypots. Plus a safe demonstration of the honeypot using Truffle
- Overflow – tooling platform from MyCrypto team
- ERC892: Permission standard
- Nikolic, et al: Finding The Greedy, Prodigal, and Suicidal Contracts at Scale
- Ethereum Community Fund. $100m from Cosmos, OmiseGo, Golem, Maker, Global Brain, and Raiden to support ecosystem infrastructure.
- First part of bounty paid for the foundation of the Dogethereum bridge
- Colorado Coin – the EthDenver mealtracker has now become an ERC20 token
- de la Rouviere: TCRs to protect the commons
- kvhnuke’s reincarnation of MyEtherWallet
- The Stable Fund from L4/Maker. $45 million to support the Maker ecosystem, starting with their ’request for startups’ page.
- Cellarius: Genesis Thought. Here’s the trailer or read the vision
- EthDenver submissions
- XLNT – Matt Condon’s cryptocollectibles work
Interviews, Podcasts, Videos, Talks
- Archive of video streams from EthDenver
- Taylor Monahan on Unconfirmed. Olaf on Laura’s first episode.
- Jackson Palmer interviews FOAM’s Ryan John King
- Put your CryptoKitties on your Firefly DIY hardware wallet
- Epicenter: 0x and Multicoin Capital
- Conrad Barski interviewed on blockchains in healthcare
- CFTC issues a warning about pump and dumps. You can also blow the whistle on them and get a reward.
- Vitalik’s signaling theory model of cryptocurrency issuance and value
- Swiss Finma issues “ICO Guidelines” delineating 3 types: payment, utliity, and asset.
- Alex Felix: Fundamentals of Discount Tokens
- Chris Dixon: why decentralization matters
- The Inside Story of the CryptoKitties Congestion Crisis
- World Food Programme saving millions in bank fees by using Ethereum
Dates of note
- Mar 8-10 – Ethereum Community Conference in Paris
- May 3-5 – Edcon in Toronto
If you appreciate this newsletter, thank ConsenSys
I’m thankful that ConsenSys has brought me on as an employee and given me time to do this newsletter.
Editorial control is 100% me. If you’re unhappy with editorial decisions, blame me first and last.
Follow me on Twitter? @evan_van_ness
This newsletter is supported by ConsenSys (ConsenSys is perpetually hiring if you’d like to join) and Status.im. Many thanks to both.