Ethereum News and Links
- Spankchain releases 2 generalized state channel videos: an overview and a code walkthrough
- Prysmatic’s sharding Golang implementation roadmap. [And want to work on a stateless sharding implementation in Rust?]
- Justin Drake: Optimised proposal commitment scheme
- More Justin: Proposer withholding and collation availability traps
- VB: Proposal/confirmation separation: a bug and a fix
- Latest Eth/RChain Casper standup call
- Single-round Validation Failure Analysis under Equivocation
- Plasma implementation call 4
- KR8OS Plasma implementation code
- Karl Floersch Plasma overview. Slides.
- VB: Plasma with much less per-user data checking
- EIP905: Fast clone the storage by copying the storage root hash
- EIP909: Revert contract state back to specific block
- Vitalik on scaling in 2018 in Singapore. Trustnodes summary.
Stuff for developers
- Gonçalo Sá: Improved `delegatecall` proxy contract factory
- Solidity ABI v2
- Sha256 zksnark parameter generation + ethereum deployment
- Axlang: formally verifiable language based on Scala. Compiles to JVM, cross-compiles to EVM. Not yet open source.
- Infura benchmarks performance and costs in AWS EC2 instances
- Create your first dapp with Web3 an Vue.JS
- CryptoZombies Lesson 5: ERC 721 editions
- Indorse on architectures for upgrading your code.
- MyCrypto’s new site is now in beta
- List of the Ethereum Foundation scalability grants
- Jacob Horne: Cryptoeconomic primitives
- Cryptogs – play pogs on Ethereum testnet
- If you’re a visual learner about Ethereum fundamentals: Ethereum Illustrated. Reminds me of Ethereum Ontology
- VB: Prediction markets for content curation DAOs
- VB: Conditional PoS hashcash
- UjoMusic releases testnet alpha of their Creator’s Portal
- Status in security audit for beta release
- New demo from OpenLaw on creating contracts
- Auctus is live on Rinkeby
- Melon Jan/Feb dev update
- Bounties Network: the future of work is on blockchain (and what’s wrong with freelance sites)
- Toshi now supports ERC20 and ERC721 tokens
- Alethio’s suite of Ethereum analytics products. Pretty cool data viz.
- Blockpunk: the Cellarius take on cyberpunk
Interviews, Podcasts, Videos, Talks
- Will Warren with Laura Shin
- Brendan Eich on Changelog’s Request for Commits podcast
- Transcript of Griff’s scaling talk with Truebit
- Print Q&A with Fabian Vogelsteller
- EthNews brief Q&A with new Foundation ED Aya Miyaguchi
- PayPal files patent for “expedited virtual currency transaction system”
- VB: “all DPOS systems as far as I can tell basically succumb to the explicit bribing attack. These pools give up to 90% of their staking revenues out to anyone who votes for them; this game inherently favors larger and larger pools”
- Ledger appears to have an exploit, so update your firmware. Ledger claims that it’s not a critical flaw as it requires physical access to your Ledger and malware on your computer.
- Nouriel Roubini and Preston Byrne: the blockchain pipe dream
- Brazilian development bank to create a Real fixed token.
- Coinbase index fund – initially GDAX assets weighted by market cap, and US only accredited investors, but with plans to expand both.
Dates of note
- Mar 8-10 – Ethereum Community Conference in Paris
- May 3-5 – Edcon in Toronto
- May 11-12 – Ethereal (NYC)
- May 16-17 – Token Summit (NYC)
If you appreciate this newsletter, thank ConsenSys.
I’m thankful that ConsenSys has brought me on as an employee and given me time to do this newsletter.
Editorial control is 100% me. If you’re unhappy with editorial decisions, blame me first and last.
Follow me on Twitter? @evan_van_ness