Eth News and Links
- Persistent txpool proposal
- Proposed revamp of stateless Eth roadmap; focus on the clients, need client specifically focused on stateless?
- Alternative bounded-state-friendly address scheme with CREATE3 and epoch prefix
- Reforming core devs call discussion doc
- EIP3238: delay difficulty bomb 12 months
- ERC3224: human readable transaction technique standard for app devs
- Latest what’s new in eth2, includes graphic from Leo Bago’s client node count
- Proposal for first upgrade of Eth’s proof of stake chain: light client support, spread processing over the epoch, fork choice hardening, increase slashing/inactivity penalties as planned. Cap validators at 524k?
- Latest eth2 call. Notes from Ben and Alex, get ready for Feb 2 workshops
- Arbitrum releases testnet with lots of apps.
- A guide to optimistic rollups and to Optimism in particular
- Hop cross-rollup token bridge
- Cartesi with a TrueBit-style verification/fraud proof game for RISC-V Linux
- Aztec and Starkware release Polaris prover license for rollup code
- The road to StarkNet, a zk-rollup from StarkWare coming end of 2021 with apps written in Cairo
Matcha aggregates liquidity across decentralized exchange networks to offer you the best price on every token swap on both spot and limit orders!
Now you can trade 1000+ DeFi tokens on Matcha!
Stuff for developers
- Solidity v0.8.1, SMTChecker supports external calls
- Solidity developer survey results. Now launches Solidity Discourse forum
- PWC: changes in Solidity v0.8.x that you may have missed
- Paradigm CTF starts Feb 5
- OpenZeppelin’s Hardhat/Truffle upgrades plugin now supports structs and enums
- Austin Griffith’s scaffold-eth challenge/tutorial: build staking app
- Flash loan arb bot with Infura tutorial
- hevm v0.44, accepts solidity json output built via
- Benchmarking pairing-friendly elliptic curves libraries
- Iden3’s rapidSNARK, a fast prover written in C++ for circom and snarkjs
- Reddit announces partnership with EF to get Ethereum to Reddit-scale production
- Devcon Bogotá is postponed, EthCC now planned for July
- USAA and State Farm will go into production with their Quorum based solution to track and pay each other for auto claims
- China’s Blockchain-based Service Network will now have Quorum available
- Visa CEO says on earnings call they’re looking at supporting stablecoin on/offramps for Visa cards, hence why they’ve been hiring Eth devs
- xINCH: an auto-claim and compound wrapper for 1Inch staking
- UMA: borrow USDC with your ETH for free (or at negative interest!)
- Opium is offering tranched CDOs built on Compound. Senior tranche is fixed rate, junior tranche is high risk/reward
- Spendless – direct your stablecoin interest to charity or save via yearn frontend
- An alternative Zora frontend: zora.gallery
- $essay tokenized crowdfunding for an essay where the holders get 10% of future trades
- Atari creating a classic Atari games arcade in Decentraland
- Mark Cuban is minting NFTs
- Coinbase to go public via direct listing selling shares directly, no underwritten IPO process
- Fincen reopens comment period, if you want to comment on Mnuchin’s anti-crypto regulations. It ends today for reporting counterparty info, and on March 1 for the rest
- Brukhman: appraisal games and NFT pricing/liquidity
- Dune Analytics: the real-time quarterly report
- pNetwork offers wrapped DOGE on Ethereum
- What happens if you reuse a nonce in cryptography? Bad stuff.
- How SNARKs are possible with polynomial commitments
- The state of tooling for verifying constant-timeness of cryptographic implementations
- What miner revolts are really possible anyway?
- Google says North Korea is trying to hack security researchers
- Important ASAP security updates: if you’re an iPhone user, update iOS. If you run Linux, update sudo
- MetaMask is hiring engineers for a variety of positions. Apply here.
- Cartesi, a rollups solution, is looking to hire skilled engineers
- Trail of Bits is looking for a technical editor/writer & security engineer
- 0x looking for devs of all types and a data analyst
- Reddit: Senior backend/Ethereum engineer
Want your job listing here? $250 per line (~75 character limit including spaces), payable in ETH (or 250 DAI or 250 USDC) to evan.ethereum.eth. Questions? thecryptonewspodcast at-gmail
If you’re wondering “why didn’t my post make it into Week in Ethereum News,” then please put it on an Ethereum subreddit; emails/DMs are not part of my workflow.
Please click the following if you’re interested in sponsoring the newsletter.
Permalink for this week’s issue: https://weekinethereumnews.com/week-in-ethereum-news-feb-1-2021/
Dates of Note
Upcoming dates of note (new/changes in bold):
- Feb 2 – Eth2 sharding and merge workshops
- Feb 5 – Nimbus Grafana challenge submissions deadline (prizes up to $5k)
- Feb 5-12 – EthDenver (virtual)
- Feb 5-7 – Paradigm CTF
- Feb 8 – CME launches ETH futures
- Mar 5 – Financial Cryptography DeFi academic workshop
- Jul 20-22 – EthCC4 (Paris)
Did you get forwarded this newsletter? Sign up to receive it weekly